Microsoft has made Windows Vista RC1 available for download for the public, but have given no obvious way to get a product key unless you got one when they released beta 2.
However, if you do want one, here are a few simple steps to getting one:
- Browse to Microsoft Connect.
- Click on ‘Invitations’ on the left hand side, and log in with your Windows Live ID.
- Use the following invitation ID:
- Then click ‘Product Keys’ on the left again, and click Request Product Key.
- This should give you a ‘Longhorn Beta 2’ key, but will work with Vista RC1.