For what it’s worth, here’s my predictions of what will be announced today at the MacWorld Expo 2007. Note that my last prediction turned out to be wrong.
- iPod Mobile (or iPhone). Considering the number of rumours going around blogs and even respected mainstream press, there is a high likelihood of an iPod Nano style device with a phone built into it. This is the main one of personal interest to me, as I’m due for a phone upgrade in March and this would be my top choice, it if exists of course.
- 12″ MacBook Pro. There’s a gap waiting to be filled, and filled it shall be.
- New interface for OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and release date. We’ll get something similar to the new iTunes 7 interface (either that or a new version of iTunes will be released with the new interface style), and a release date before that of Vista.
- iLife ’07. This has been an annual recurring theme and I don’t see why they’d stop it now. Expect iPhoto performance enhancements. Should be available for purchase immediately or when Leopard ships.
- iWork ’07. Will include a new spreadsheet product, perhaps called iChart. Also available immediately or when Leopard ships.
- Dual quad processor Mac Pro, perhaps Mac Pro Octo. Now that Intel have quad processor Xeons, I don’t see why Apple wouldn’t want to sell the Mac Pro in an 8-way configuration. Especially seeing as its already been proven to work without any modifications to a Mac Pro Quad.
- New displays with iSights built-in. With the separate iSight camera being discontinued for months and no successor in sight1 new iSights will appear in all of Apples new Cinema Displays. Hopefully a price drop that brings them closer to what Dell charges for the same panel too.
- Adobe CS3 demonstration. I expect to see demos of the recently released Photoshop CS 3 Beta, and perhaps other Adobe CS3 applications. Might also announce a release date for CS3.
- Mention of iTV. I don’t think Apple have the iTV ready for sale, but they’ll provide an update and maybe demonstration of a prototype.