Twitterlicious 2.0 beta 1 is now available for download, and with a huge list of changes. Notable improvements include a new twitter list and shortcut buttons! I’ve implemented the most requested features, but if you do have more requests or ideas do get in contact.
Remember this is a beta release, there are bugs (notably with the new twit notification system), but it’s in a usable state. I would usually say don’t use this for business critical applications blah blah blah—but I don’t think anyone uses Twitter for business so you should be fine. Any problems or bugs you find, please do report them, same with any other problems you find with Twitterlicious.
Oh, I know I said you shouldn’t need to enter your credentials again, but you’re going to have again to with version 2.0!
The changes include:
- Each twit is now shown completely in the twit list, including the avatar and whole message on multiple lines.
- The read status of each individual twit is now stored properly and updated as you select it.
- Unread twits are now shown as bold, just like e-mail clients do!
Ctrl + W— minimise the Twitterlicious main window.
Ctrl + R— refresh.
Ctrl + K— mark all twits as read.
Ctrl + Return— send update (same as clicking “Go”)
- The twitter list now holds up to 50 twits and not just the past 24 hours worth that Twitter spits out.
- The update text box is now multi-line and is re-sizable.
- Fixed a resizing issue that crept in with 1.2 where the main window would open very small when you first start Twitterlicious.
Now stop reading and get downloading!